Tibetan Community UK is a non-governmental community-based organisation. Its affairs are run by a democratically elected Council Members on pro bono service. The Council Members, who serve a two-year term, organise cultural and socio-political events for members and friends of Tibet. We also work with UK-based Tibet-related organisations as well as Tibetan Communities (currently across 15 countries) in Europe towards creating a greater awareness of Tibet’s political and human rights situation.
Tibetan Refugee Charitable Trust supports the education of Tibetan refugee children in India and Nepal through partner agencies. 100% of funds raised are directly transferred to our partner agencies.
Aims and Objectives:
- To foster co-operation and mutual help amongst members
- To preserve and promote Tibetan culture within and beyond the community in accordance with the teachings of His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- To promote understanding and friendship beyond the community
- To promote the education of youth
- To relieve poverty among Tibetan refugees in exile